For future leaders
The ambition of the HEART4DATA consortium is to train and develop the talents of future leaders in cardiovascular care and research. Therefore, the consortium consortium aims to provide various opportunities to stimulate and support talented researchers and cardiologists specialised in heart failure and atrium fibrillation in the Netherlands as they move forward in their career.
Pillars of the talent development program are:
- Mentorship program
- Fellowship program
- Workshops and conferences
The HEART4DATA consortium aims to set up a mentorship program. An experienced mentor within the cardiovascular field will be linked with a talented researcher of cardiologist for 1:1 sessions.
This program will be an opportunity to develop research skills in registry-based research. In the last three years of the consortium a call will be open for talented researchers to develop their research ideas into research proposals.
Workshops and conferences
- Workshops will cover one or more parts of the process of registry-based research. They'll vary from practical sessions including data harmonisation, standardisation and data analysis of registry-based data.
- The HEART4DATA consortium will organise a yearly (online) conference for all healthcare professionals contributing to the HF and AF registry to show them what can be done with the data that is collected.
- HEART4DATA will stimulate consortium participants to join and present at the DCVA conference.
- The talent coordinator will scout and direct talents to participate in the DCVA leadership program.
Sandra van Wijk