The Heart-Brain Connection crossroads (HBCx) research consortium is looking for young talented researchers to join their group.
The HBCx research consortium consists of a heterogeneous group of researchers including: cardiologists, neurologists, geriatricians, neuropsychologists, radiologists, physicists, and others. Although they are a diverse group, they have one thing in common: they have a fascination for the connection between the heart and the brain. It is their ambition to investigate this connection, specifically exploring the role of (factors influencing) hemodynamics. With new insights they strive to earlier detect patients at risks of vascular cognitive impairment, improve diagnostic tools and care.
HBCx is looking for young talented researchers that share their passion for the heart, the vascular system and the brain. Are you working in the heart-brain connection field and would you like to join efforts with this consortium? You can now apply for an Out-of-the-Box talent grant of 25.000 euro to work on new ideas.
In short, HBCx is looking for:
- PhD students and junior postdocs (< 2 years after obtaining PhD degree)
- Working in the cardio- or cerebrovascular field
- With innovative ideas, analysis methods, and other
HBCx asks from applicants:
- To submit their proposal using the three forms in the file: “HBC Out-of-the-box 2020 - application form”, including: a project description (2A4), details of the applicant, supervisor, and team members, and CVs of the applicant and the supervisor.
- To ask one of the HBCx principal investigators as a mentor of the project. See file “HBC Out-of-the-box 2020 - ADD I and II” for an overview of HBCx and a list of PIs.
For more information take a look at the forms. The deadline for submission is February 1st 2021. If you have questions you can reach out to their scientific project manager Astrid Hooghiemstra.