The DCVA Leadership Program creates a network of talented and dedicated people who are seen as leaders in the future cardiovascular arena. The program is being directed by Professor Jolanda van der Velden, Chair of the DCVA Talent Program.
Each year a group of 15 participants will start the 2-year program. These participants are divided in multidisciplinary groups having roots in various segments of the cardiovascular field. Each group works on a complex current challenge provided by partners of the DCVA. Besides 3 training days, participants will go on a trip, in Holland and possibly abroad, to work collaboratively as a group on their challenges. The program requires approximately 0.1 FTE of participants’ time. Application for the 2021-2022 program will be open in january 2021, and consists of a CV, motivation letter, and a recommendation letter by your supervisor.
Who can participate?
As we are continuously looking for dedicated people who have the potential to be renowned future leaders of the cardiovascular field, participants of the DCVA Leadership Program:
- have been active in the cardiovascular field for multiple years (e.g. as a healthcare professional, researcher, patient, expert or entrepreneur);
- have affection for solving complex problems and tasks;
- contribute to collaboration in multidisciplinary teams;
- master the Dutch language sufficiently;
- desire to contribute to the aims and goals of the DCVA (reduction of cardiovascular disease burden)
To give you an idea of who we are looking for, read all about the selected participants of the 2020-2021 DCVA Leadership Program.
For practical information, download the brochure below (in Dutch)